Account Manager, Group Benefits Renewals, GroupQuest (Mississauga, Ontario)
People Corporation is growing and we are looking for an individual to join our GroupQuest team as an Account Manager, Group Benefits Renewals.
As a Group Benefits Managing General Agent (MGA), we work in partnership with advisors and insurance carriers to provide full back office support and services in all aspects of group benefits. We’re a team of entrepreneurial thinkers, with a relentless drive to get things done, passionate about what we do and the innovative impact we are making.
You are smart, energetic and passionate about group benefits. At your core, you love rolling-up-your sleeves to analyze our clients’ renewals and negotiate on behalf of our advisors. You have experience in the group benefits industry and are excited to continue to grow your career.
The Account Manager, Group Benefits Renewals is a key resource on our team that focuses on renewals and retention, client relationship management, and driving growth. You are great at identifying opportunities by reviewing client data and claims experience to support your recommendations with the insurance carriers to come up with the best resolution for the client.
This position is located at our Mississauga location.
- Analyze and negotiate group renewals from insurers for accuracy and completeness, and work with insurers and advisors until renewals are accepted
- Analyze data and claims experience to verify the insured renewal rate recommendations are appropriate, and negotiate on behalf of the group for best rates
- Negotiate mutually acceptable solutions and create plan amendment suggestions for cost containment when required by correlating claims activity to current plan design
- Contact Carriers/Sales Representatives to discuss and clarify missing information
- Prepare reports for advisors based on findings and recommendations for insured renewals
- Develop and maintain direct relationships with carriers and advisors, and provide excellent customer service
- Maintain high levels of productivity respecting service commitments to advisors
- Post-secondary education with at least two (2) years experience in the group benefits industry
- GBA designation under CEBS program is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of group insurance principles, assessment techniques, group benefit plans and terminology
- Exceptional focus on value-driven customer service
- Strong negotiation, communication, and issue resolution skills
- Excellent reasoning, judgement and decision-making abilities
- Strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to ever-changing environments
- Advanced computer skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint