Account Manager (Calgary, AB)
As part of the People Corporation Group of companies, Hamilton + Partners is more than just a group benefits company – they are specialists that design and manage innovative national corporate disability benefit plans.
Reporting directly Team Lead, the Account Manager is responsible for providing exceptional client-focused operational support in the management of specialty benefit plans. The Account Manager will be assigned a portfolio of clients and will be responsible for the day to day management of a variety of general administrative and transactional activities. They must ensure efficient and timely processing while building genuine client relationships and providing quality service.
If you are a self-motivated and administrative forward individual who wants to grow professionally while delivering best-in-class service to your clients, then consider this opportunity to join Hamilton + Partners.
As the Account Manager you will be responsible for:
- Responding to client inquiries and concerns in a timely manner, applying advanced problem solving skills to resolve client concerns and challenges, and employing strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients.
- Acquiring a thorough understanding and detailed knowledge of client benefit plans, and providing expertise, education, and guidance to clients to enhance their understanding and use of products and services.
- Using excellent written and oral communication skills in all interactions with clients while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Continually works to support a positive team environment by assisting and collaborating with other Account Managers to share knowledge and expertise, engaging in group problem solving, and providing back-up support when required.
- Initial processing and ongoing management of all employee changes that impact coverage, such as new hires, terminations, name and beneficiary changes, and salary changes.
- Processes and delivers all new insurance policies to employees with appropriate correspondence.
- Ensures that all data is accurately entered, and consistently engages in audits and reconciliations to ensure data integrity.
- Creates monthly client bills and accurately reconciles data to employee transaction records.
- Manages all client payments and balances client financial accounts on a monthly basis.
- Acts as a liaison between the client and insurance provider to convey information in an accurate and easy to understand manner.
- Calculates, records, and audits financial transactions for all ongoing new business and terminations.
- Creates and delivers correspondence to employees to communicate how particular changes impact their existing coverage.
- Performs additional general administrative tasks as needed.
You and Your Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in a corporate health benefit plan environment.
- License in insurance (Life and Accident & Sickness) would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Bilingualism (French Canadian) is considered an asset.
- Positive, fun-loving personality.