Underwriting Specialist (Cambridge, Ontario)
People Corporation is growing. To support our evolving business, we are adding another member to our team!
Looking for an opportunity to use your exceptional analytical skills and make sound underwriting judgement? Consider joining our Integrated Solutions team in Cambridge, Ontario as our Group Benefits Underwriting Specialist.
The successful candidate will work closely with the VP, Client Manager and Account Executives and will analyze plan sponsor data to make recommendations relative to the performance of clients’ employee benefits program and measuring actual results against industry standards and plan sponsor goals.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about group benefits and has a strong understanding of carriers’ claim paying and administrative processes.
- Analyze the financial position of a program
- Generate reports to communicate quarterly experience results, projected renewal results, actual renewal results, plan design and funding arrangement recommendations
- Track the performance of each program, on-going
- Provide on-going client services through proactive case management, working closely with all IS team members
- Participate in the creation of ad-hoc communication pieces and presentations required to discuss or outline specific topics relative to the plan sponsor’s goals and our consulting recommendations
- Ensure all presentations and reports, planned and ad-hoc are satisfactory for delivery to the client by the AE.
- College or University Degree with five (5) years of client management experience in the group benefits industry
- Experience with group underwriting, complimented by a solid understanding of various claims paying and administrative processes, underwriting practices and pricing models
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet client and internal needs