Senior Software Developer (Mississauga, Ontario)
People Corporation is growing. To support our evolving business, we are adding another member to our Software Design and Development team!
Reporting to the VP, Software Design and Development, Benefits Solutions, the Senior Software Developer will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of a number of key internal tools.
This is the perfect role for an energetic developer, who has strong professional skills combined with deep technical proficiency and hands-on experience, is passionate, self-motivated and thrives working on fun and challenging projects to support various business teams within the organization.
- Design and implement new tooling, leveraging web based technologies as much as possible
- Continuously improve and maintain existing applications to support new business needs
- Work closely with People Corporation business teams, understanding requirements and translating them into clear technical requirements and clean UI/UX
- Comfortable working on short term projects, delivering them within time and budget
- Create a set of requirement documents that will map out the core scope of the project, identify deliverables and their priorities, and provide technical details as to how to this will be accomplished.
- Diagnose / troubleshoot web and software related problems; perform preventative maintenance
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in a software development role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with some level of experience working closely with business teams
- Experience in building high-volume, multi tenancy SAAS based applications with scalability, high availability, and robust security
- Good understanding of Agile Scrum, with experience working in an Agile setting
- Solid experience and understanding of unit testing with mocking frameworks
- Experience with scripting languages and distributed version control systems